The end of the year is an exciting time, but it also brings about new sources of stress that might not be around for the rest of the year.
It is a great time to practice ways to reduce stress especially before the busy holiday season begins.
- Remember to schedule time for physical activity. Write it down on your calendar so you are able to make time for it.
- Try to include some activity into holiday parties. It can be dancing, hiking, games, and more!
- Take some time for yourself during the holidays. This can be taking 10 minutes to sneak away from family, or running an errand by yourself.
Make sure to have fun and laugh often! We often look back and the holidays flew by quickly, try to find something to enjoy and laugh about every day! There are many ways to fit a quick 30 minutes of physical activity into the day.
- Try a morning walk before the day gets busy
- Search YouTube for a beginner’s level yoga class that the whole family can enjoy
- Turn on your favorite music and have a dance party
- Put together an after-dinner family-friendly football game outside
- Take a nature ‘scavenger hike’. Make a list for things to look for such as pretty leaves, pinecones, acorns and more!
- Play a game inside that involves movement: Heads-up, charades, Simon-says
What are some other ways you and your family like to be active?